Falling Film Evaporators
FFE plus Falling Film Evaporators
The efficiency of the sugar plants depends to a large extent on the performance of its evaporators. The conventional Robert evaporators used in the most of the cane sugar factories work with high ΔT thus usually 1st or 2nd vapours are required for heating/ boiling of juice/ massecuite. Robert and Kestner evaporators allow steam saving only down to a level of approx. 40% steam on cane. Blow this level, falling film evaporators become essential. Further, to target a steam demand of less than 32% on cane, it is a must to operate a complete falling film evaporation plant.
IPRO and IPROINDIA group is pioneer in introducing the Falling Film Evaporators in the cane sugar industry.
The first ever complete falling film evaporation plants in the cane sugar industry have been commissioned in India at Shree Renuka, Athani and in Pakistan at Almoiz, both in 2007 based on IPRO design. Both the plants achieved the best steam performance in their respective country and set benchmarks. Since this time, a boom of installations of falling film evaporators followed.
More than 220 Units in Operation
Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd., India
Design Features and Performance
- Very good heat transfer
- Tailor made design to optimize the investment cost and maximize the performance
- Little colour formation and negligible sugar losses
- Designed according to ASME standards for operational safety and longer life
- Unique juice distributor design prevents choking of tubes
- High operational flexibility and negligible juice entrainment with high performance external vapour separator
- CIP (Clean In Place) stands for quick cleaning of tubes without opening the evaporator
- Manufacturing under the supervision of highly skilled German & Indian engineers
- Fully automated
Apart from Sugar Industry Equipments, IPROINDIA provides world class value added engineering services.